Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sibling Rivalry

It has always amused me how siblings, despite having the same parents and growing up in the same home, can turn out to be such different people. Take my little sister Jill and I, for example: we grew up under the same roof, sharing the same room for years, and yet we look and act nothing alike. This is most evident on the day when we cheer for opposing teams. 


My dad is a huge Louisville Cardinals fan. We grew up watching him scream at the television through every football and basketball season, traits my brother and I both inherited. But not Little Sis. Somewhere during our childhood things went awry and she became a Kentucky Wildcats fan.


Each year when our two teams play in the Governor's Cup football game, and I see her cheering for the other team I think, how did this happen? How did we turn out so differently?




Fortunately, the one thing we can agree on is that family is the most important thing. So at the end of the game, we can go back to being sisters and (surprisingly but luckily) friends. Love you, Jillers! And, oh yeah...Go Cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment