Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A True Partner Teacher

I'd say it's pretty rare to not only like your coworkers, but to also be able to call them your friends. And in this economy, I'd say it's even more rare to have the same coworkers for more than a few years. Which is why I feel so blessed that for the past 7 years, I've had the privilege to work alongside the best partner teacher anyone could hope for.



I'll never forget meeting you for the first time: I walked in your classroom to find you standing on a ladder, in your skirt & monogrammed flip flops; me in my Umbro shorts from 7th grade and a paint-stained t-shirt. All I could think was, "I'm really gonna have to step up my game in the fashion department." The inspiration didn't stop there.




You are such an amazing teacher, and one of the most giving people I've ever met. It is hard to imagine you not being next door come August, but I sense that we both have exciting things on the horizon: me with Ruthie, and you as a mom. I am so happy for you to have the extra time at home with Hallie & Henry next year, and I know you will do wonderful things in your new part-time role at school! 




To say that I will miss seeing your smiling face everyday is quite an understatement. I found this card from you last week when I was cleaning my classroom:

I don't think I could say it any better than you did. Thank you for being a true partner teacher and a true friend. This isn't goodbye, but simply a look back at our highlights from the past 7 years, and a welcome to the new adventures that the next year will bring! 


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment