Sunday, January 31, 2016

Louisville Restaurant Resolution List

Every new year I resolve to lose weight and get more organized. This year I decided to make a resolution I knew I could actually keep: to visit as many different Louisville restaurants as possible. So last week I spent one of my three snow days being super productive; and by super productive, I mean I sat on the couch and made a list of all the places in town at which I want to eat. 

It's no secret that Louisville has one of the best food scenes around. Some of my favorites include The Silver Dollar, Grind Burger Kitchen, Mussel & Burger Bar, Cafe Lou Lou, Napa River Grill, and The Irish Rover. As ecstatic as I am when my friends suggests we visit one of those delicious places, there are so many more eateries in town I've been wanting to try.


I looked to the Instagram account "EatLoveLouisville" for inspiration, and created the following list:


1. The Post 
2. Joella's Hot Chicken
3. Feast
4. Over the Nine
5. Harvest 
6. Zeggz 
7. Nord's Bakery
8. Against the Grain Brewery
9. Hi Five Donuts
10. Blaze
11. Ghyslain 
12. Wild Rita's
13. Jeff Ruby's
14. Fontleroy's 
15. Please & Thank You
16. RIVUE
17. Big Four Burgers
18. Stout Burgers
19. Sidebar 
20. El Camino
21. The Hub 
22. Royals
23. Monnik
24. Check's Cafe

This weekend I was able to visit two of the spots on my list, and let me just say that they did not disappoint. 

On Saturday, my cousin Tara and I ventured out to The Post for some New York-style pizza. 

Tara ordered the meatball calzone, for which she had to get a to-go box because it was so large (and yummy). I got a "giant slice" of pepperoni and it was a giant delight.

The atmosphere was fun and laid-back, and my bill was under five dollars, folks. I will report back to The Post for sure.

On Sunday, my friends Erin and Jenny accompanied me to Zeggz for brunch. The girls opted for breakfast, while I went the lunch route and got "The Big Z".

It was truly one of the best burgers I've ever eaten, and the seasoning on their fries was sensational. Erin also ordered a skillet cinnamon roll for us to share, and it was the sweet stuff dreams are made of.

I'm pleased to say the first two restaurants on my list were a hit, and I can't wait to try the others. If you've been to any of the eateries I'm hoping to visit, please let me know what you thought and what you would recommend. Are there any additions you think I should make to the list? 

Here's to fabulous food, family, friends, and fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment