Sunday, October 9, 2011

For the Love of the Cardinals

As my beloved St. Louis Cardinals get ready to play the first NLCS game today, I am reminded why I love them so much. My mom, a native of Illinois, grew up cheering for the Cardinals with her family. To say that my Grandpa Jack was a huge fan of STL is definitely an understatement. As a child, my parents took me to many games of the Louisville Redbirds, who at the time were the minor league team of the St. Louis Cardinals. As you can see, my love for the Cardinals is deep-rooted in family tradition.
In 2008, my mom's entire side of the family met in St. Louis to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday and cheer on our Cardinals.

It was an amazing game-the Cards beat the Twins and we saw Pujols hit 2 homers!

3 generations of Cardinals fans


It just so happens that I'll be cheering on my team alongside my family today from the comfort of my parents' couch. And you better believe I'll be sporting my # 5 Pujols hoodie. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
 Go Cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment