Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's the Most Movie Time of the Year

Raise your hand if you think Christmas movies are the best kind of movies. 
Exactly.
You can all put your hands down now.

Once my tree is up, it's officially time to let the film fun begin. I'd seriously be content curled up on my couch, for the next 25 days, watching the following Christmas movies:

The Holiday: This is on my TV as I type, and let me just say, it probably won't be the last time that it's on my TV in the coming weeks. I absolutely love it. Jude Law's character is precious, but each time I watch it, I can't help hoping I'll meet someone like Jack Black's character one day. The scene in the video store does it to me every time. Hilarious & sweet.


Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: It's really all about the music in this one, people. A favorite as long as I've been able to remember having favorites.


Love Actually: I love how all of the characters' story lines intertwine. It makes me want to move to London. Hugh Grant's dance break is my fave. Also, how precious is the stepfather/stepson relationship? 


Elf: "Did you hear that?" "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" "You look very purply today." "Smiling's my favorite." "Santa! I know him!" I could go on all day. Love. Love. Love.


Home Alone: "Keep the change, ya filthy animal."


Mickey's Christmas Carol: As far as I'm concerned, this is the best version of A Christmas Carol that exists. Probably because it's the first version I saw, but still, it's a classic. Tiny Tim (looking like Mickey's mini me, mind you) and his little crutch really stuck with me.


Christmas Vacation: Oh, Clark, and his crazy family. It just doesn't get better than the squirrel scene.


Jingle All The Way: This was pretty much on repeat in our house when I was growing up. My little sister loved it. And my brother and I grew to love quoting it. Our favorite: Arnold saying "I'm gonna wrap some chains around you". Don't ask me why. It just made us crack up-and still does to this day. Also, Sinbad, you guys. Sinbad.


Miracle on 34th Street: As far as the classics go, I'd take this movie any day over White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life. No offense to the others, I just like this one best. I think the characters were way ahead of their time, what with the successful single mother and all.


Claymation Christmas: Two words: California Raisins. A special shout out to my friend Deanna for bringing this tradition back to my life. 


Just Friends: "I swear! By the moon, and the stars in the sky..." I could watch this movie any time of the year (and I do), and laugh out loud as much as I did the first time I saw it. "I'm busy!"


So, who's ready to call in sick tomorrow and have a movie marathon? 

But seriously, here's to the official start of the holiday season, and the films that get us in the spirit! What are your must-see Christmas movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment