Thursday, December 29, 2011

Oreo Balls

When visiting my Grandma in Illinois a few years ago for Christmas, she taught me how to make Oreo Balls. Little did I know, it would become the recipe I'm known for around these parts. Seriously, I've gone to parties and before even being greeted I've had people ask, "Did you bring the Oreo Balls?" So at this point, I never go to a party without them-it's for my own good. If you think you're ready for the commitment, check out the recipe...

You will need: 1 package Oreo cookies, 1 8oz. Package cream cheese*, 1 package white chocolate bark or vanilla candy coating.
*Sometimes I use reduced fat cream cheese because you can't taste the difference, and let's face it: the more calories we can save, the better.

1. Sit the cream cheese out as you are working to soften it a bit.

2. Crush entire package of Oreo cookies (I recommend using a food processor) and pour into a large mixing bowl.


3. Mix crushed Oreos with cream cheese until you no longer see ‘white’.


4. Melt entire package of vanilla candy coating-follow the microwave instructions on the package.

5. Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.

6. Roll the Oreo mixture into balls (size of a gumball) and dip into the candy coating (a spoon will work for this); place on wax paper.



       7. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment