Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pujols' Price

Do you know what you get when you Google Albert Pujols? A photo of him in an Angels hat: a sad sight to see.


When I went to sleep Wednesday night, I had hope that Pujols was going to stay with the Cardinals. But when I woke up Thursday morning, sadly I learned that was not going to be the case.


"We are disappointed that we were unable to reach an agreement to keep Albert Pujols in St. Louis. Albert is a great champion and we will always be thankful for his many achievements in a Cardinals uniform, as well as his contributions to the St. Louis community. I have the highest regard for Albert both personally and professionally, and appreciate his direct involvement in this process. I would like our fans to know that we tried our best to make Albert a lifetime Cardinal but unfortunately we were unable to make it happen." - Cardinals chairman and CEO Bill DeWitt Jr., in a statement talking about Pujols’ decision to sign with the Los Angeles Angels. The 31-year-old signed a 10-year, $254 million deal. The Rolla Daily News


Yes, I know that the Angles' deal is significantly more than the 9 year, $200 million offer that the Cardinals made, but come on, man. Where is the loyalty? 
Either deal, he would still make 10 times more in a week than what I make in a year! It just breaks my heart that loyalty means nothing when money is involved. I now know how the Cavalier fans must have felt when Lebron bounced from Cleveland.


Say what you want about the other benefits that Pujols' move to Los Angeles has to offer. Frankly, I don't care to hear it. This St. Louis fan is just dejected. 


I appreciate all that Pujols has done in his career as a Cardinal, especially in this most recent World Series Championship. I have no doubt that he is headed for the Hall of Fame. That's why it's so disappointing to see him end his career somewhere other than St. Louis.    

No comments:

Post a Comment