Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Marvelous Madness That Has Always Been March

It's no secret that March is my favorite month of the year. Sure, I love December and all it's Christmas glory. And I'd be lying if I said that June and its summer break goodness doesn't bring me a complete feeling of euphoria every year. And we all know how I feel about August, also known as the 30-day celebration of my birth. But I'm sorry, December, June, and August-you're no March.


First and foremost, March is the much welcome sign that flippin' February is over. Hallelujah! 
And coming in at a close second, March is the month that my little sister, Jill (AKA Jillers, Willy Wonka, Jillian, Philly Cheesesteak, and Phyllis McNutt) came into this world.


Her birthday usually becomes a combo March Madness party, which brings me to the next reason that I heart March: Basketball. To say that I live for this sport is not an exaggeration. I make all my plans around UofL's schedule. I save a personal day every year just incase their first round game is before 3:00. I love filling out a "dream bracket" on which all the underdogs that I like advance and my Cardinals manage to meet & beat UK along the way to their Championship. 
My love for basketball isn't limited to Men's Division I. I love following the Lady Cards in their tourney journey. And getting to cheer my Bellarmine Knights onto the Division II National Championship last year was the cherry on top of an already spectacular sundae!


Next to the basketball ballyhoo, March is tops because it holds the holiday of my favorite saint. As far as this Irish girl is concerned, St. Patrick's Day is where it's at. I mean how can you not love a day full of shamrocks, spirits, and smiles?

March is also the time of year that groceries unleash the wonders that are the Cadbury Mini Eggs. Sorry, Halloween, but you and your candy corn have nothing on Easter candy. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.


And as if I didn't have enough reasons to love this month already, March will now be known as the month that I learned my McNugget is a girl! I can't wait to meet her! Check out Kate's blog for an adorable video of the gender reveal party: http://www.southerndwellings.blogspot.com/

As I wrap up this blog post, the sun is shining through my windows-a happy reminder that Spring is right around the corner. Thank you, March! Best. Month. Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment