Monday, November 12, 2012

Give Thanks

This weekend as I was putting away the Halloween decor, I came across this beauty. I had totally forgotten that I bought it at the end of the season last year! Pure blingin' bliss. 
It's the little things for me, people. 'Cause seriously, the little things really do become the big things.

Take this past week, for example. The check engine light came on in my car (4 days after I had taken it for an oil change, mind you). I took it back to the dealer thinking it'd be a couple hours & a couple hundred dollars. So you can imagine my dismay when they called to say it would be days until they could fix my engine at 9 times the cost I originally thought it would be (do the math, then gulp). 
Goodbye new couch. Farewell new mirrored dressers.

So after I did the ugly cry for a few hours (I'm talking gasping for air, tears & snot streaming), I received a text with this precious picture. Magically, the tears stopped. Alright, well they didn't stop so to speak, but at least they were flowing for a happy reason. Love this little girl so much! 
I told Kate that she couldn't have texted me at a better time. I went on to explain the car sitch and the next thing I knew, she and Micah were on their way over with dinner and my sweet niece. 
And the support didn't stop there. 
My friend Ruthie  drove out of her way to give me a ride to work on Monday morning. My mom let me drive her car to work on Tuesday so I could hold parent conferences. My sister and her boyfriend agreed to carpool to work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday so that I could use her car. Not to mention the thoughtful ride offers from my dad, friends, and coworkers. 

They may not have realized it, but those little gestures meant a whole lot to me and reminded me of how truly blessed I am to have such wonderful family and friends. 

So yeah, the bank account took a huge hit, but my car is finally back, I have a fresh purple pedicure, and a mug of hot chocolate & Bailey's. Not to mention some awesome people who always have my back. 
So. Thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment