Saturday, July 13, 2013

Friday Photos 27: The Best Is Yet To Come

If yesterday you went to sleep feeling like something in your life was missing, it's probably because I forgot to post this week's edition of Friday Photos. My sincere apologies! Basically Summer rolls around and I lose all track of what day it is. I promise not to let you down again, dear readers!

On a positive note, some time between Tuesday and now, this little blog reached over 10,000 views! Thanks to everyone who has ever checked it out!

I've been thinking about the future a lot lately and this seemed like the perfect time to reflect on all the good things on the horizon. Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to rush my life away.  Summer is going by way too fast and I plan to soak up every free minute that I have until the first day of school. Plus, it won't be long until I can't tell people that I'm 31, so I'm in no rush to get closer to August. 

With that being said, I do like the idea that some of the best days of my life have yet to occur. In the next few weeks, I have a feeling that I'm going to experience some of those "best days", starting with Holiday World. 


Joey and I have no problem reverting back to our middle school selves the second we enter the park. Between the water slides, the roller coasters, the Santa sightings, and the possibility of meeting Pat Koch again, we just can't contain our excitement.

Speaking of excitement, JT + Jay Z is happening in 9 days!

I don't think Chicago can hold the elation that Jenny and I have in our hearts for this concert. Never in my life did I think I'd actually get to see Hova himself. And if you don't already know how much I love Justin Timberlake, then this is obviously the first time you've visited this blog. So yeah, the best IS yet to come.

And while we're on the topic of the BEST, my little McNugget is about to celebrate her first birthday! Honestly, I have mixed emotions about this, because while I have loved seeing her grow and learn so much over the past 12 months, it makes me sad to think how quickly the days have passed since this moment:


Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to celebrating this special milestone with my sweet niece and couldn't be more excited to see what the future holds for her.


Fondly remember your yesterdays, enjoy today, and know too that the best days are yet to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment