Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Photos 28: The Best Year

I really feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was writing this post about my McNugget's first week of life. And yet, here we are, just 3 days away from her 1st birthday. It is not hyperbole when I say that this has been the best year of my life. 

I fell in love with my sweet niece the instant I held her, and I fall in love all over again each time I see her. 


It has been a true joy watching her grow and change these past 12 months...

1 month old: We were already BFFs.

2 months old: The first time she smiled at me.


3 months old: She didn't quite have her shopping stamina yet.

I knew she had to have these purple sequin cat ears for her first Halloween.

4 months old: She had some serious conversations with Sophie the Giraffe.

5 months old: She loved her penguin onesie & her daddy-daughter time.

Santa said she was on the "very nice" list for her first Christmas.

6 months old: She learned how fun a snow day with Aunt Jackie could be...and we learned just how photogenic she really is.
Kriech-Higdon Photography

Cupid was good to my little Valentine on her first V-Day.

7 months old: She really started rocking some hair bows.

She was a lucky little leprechaun on her first St. Patrick's Day, wearing the first item of clothing I ever bought for her.

8 months old: She got to witness the Cards make it to the Final Four while we vacationed in Gatlinburg.

9 months old: We celebrated her first Derby Day at the Cafe.

10 months old: She loved eating beats & watermelon.

11 months old: She showed what a big deal she really is, starting to stand up on her own.

I have loved getting to know my little McNugget over the past year. I love how goofy she is. There's no doubt she's one of us.

I love that she's a little fashionista already. She has a matching bow for every outfit.

I love how she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to tell us, with a pointing finger, with a grunt, or by saying "nummy nummy nummy" over and over again.

I love how ticklish she is and how she laughs so hard she makes herself have the hiccups.

I love that she's already a Cardinal fan and that she refused to sleep the night of the basketball championship like she knew that they were going to win it.

I love that she loves to dance. "Wobble" is her favorite song and she will stop whatever she is doing when you sing it and start to drop it down.


I love that people thinks she looks like me. I will never get tired of hearing it. 

I love how she smiles with her whole face, squishing up her nose and squinting her eyes almost shut.

I love that she loves the water, whether it's her bath, the lake, or a pool. Again, there's no doubt that she's one of us.

I love that she knows how to pray, and then claps for herself after she does it. I love that when you ask her about her "brother" (Pete the pug), she squishes up her face and snorts just like him.

Is there anything I don't love about my McNugget? Just one. I don't love how her first year has flown by. Though it has taught me to cherish every moment I get to spend with her. 

It has been the best year of my life, and I know that whatever else may happen, getting to be her aunt means there are many, many more wonderful years to come.








No comments:

Post a Comment